Friday, November 28, 2008

Commerical Songs

No I'm not talking about Top 40 songs but actual songs used in commericials.
I just finished watching the new Adidas Originals Commericaial and am so feelin the song. The group is called Pilooski and the song is an old 60's song (Four Seasons group)that they add a breakin beat to. I tried to find it on itunes, found the group but not this song. Grrr The whole video for the song is on youtube but I attached the commericial version to put it in context.




So that search led me to list a few other commericial songs I adore.

Yael Namin- New Soul



Ting Tings- Shut Up and Let Me Go



Cait Ladee- Take Me Home http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34f8CHTqbnA



Enur- Calabria 2008



Got any favorites?

6 comments:

clnmike said...

Im glad you did this some of this stuff i wanted to get my hands on for my playlist.

Anonymous said...

I definitely can't think of any songs used in commercials, but I really dig some of the jingles that are cranked out. In all honesty, commercials are more fun to watch than usual TV shows.

-Marcus

Erika 2004 said...

I wish I could remember the commercial, but the song was actually an oldie, Marlena Shaw's "California Soul".

Eb the Celeb said...

That Tyrese commercial before he got signed to a deal when he was singing on that bus...is still one of my favs...

Erika 2004 said...

Oh yeah, that Coca Cola commercial. That was one of my favs as well!!

Not Your Average Male said...

I don't have a favorite, but I have a LEAST favorite... have you seen the newest McDonald's commercial when the dude is singing a wack ass R&B tune about the girl not sharing her food with him?

When I first heard it, I almost shot myself like Plaxico Burress -- no lie.