Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Deal Breakers

Yes, yet another post on dating. Now that the election is over I can go back to the more important things in life (kidding!).

In dating and relationships what are some things, superficial or deeper, that you cannot deal with at all?

Here are a few on my list:

Deeper

Unemployed guy -I don’t want to be anyone’s suga mama
Guy with no car -we are not in New York and I don’t like being a chauffer all the time
Guy with baby mama drama -I prefer a guy with no kids but I am absolutely out if he can’t seem to develop an appropriate relationship with the mother of his child or doesn’t pay child support
Guy who can’t speak proper English -he must have at least graduated high school and can carry an educated conversation without sounding like Damon Wayne’s convict character from In Living Color
No ex or current convicts- Unless you were a political prisoner (and even then) this is a no go
No drug addicts/alcoholics- this is very bad drama here
Must not be married -should go without saying but goes to even those who are separated unless it’s been almost a year which is the time you have to wait to get a no fault divorce, anything sooner is just well, too soon
Effeminate men- If we see a bug in the corner of the room and your scream is louder than mine we have a problem.
Socially uncouth- Sorry can’t continue to date a guy who picks his nose in front of me or belches or farts without excusing himself. Can’t be messy or gross.

Superficial

Obese guys -a few extra pounds aren’t too bad and can easily be shed but a man who has boobs larger than mine or can’t go on a hike with me because he loses breath too quickly is a no go
A guy who can’t see straight -I’m sorry I just can’ date a cock eyed guy, throws me off
Bad kisser- I’m actually mixed on this one. If a guy sets his ego aside and you say it gently enough you can kind of help him out, hopefully, otherwise it’s a no go
Guys who are too old or two young- age ain’t nothing but a number but there is a limit. I can’t date someone old enough to be my dad (vomits in mouth a little) or young enough to be a cast member in High School Musical nor am I into the whole cougar thing (although I’m a long way from that yet)
Smelly guys- gotta be able to breathe when I’m around you, no compromise on that
Bad teeth- I’m talking horrendous here, you don’t need a perfect set of pearly whites but no missing front teeth, no grills, no mangled-been -eating -rocks teeth
Short men- now I’m short so my definition is a little more open. The man simply cannot be shorter than or as tall as me in flats.

Tolerable things that you can change later on (that isn’t under the whole you can’t change a man theory)

Bad dresser -buy him only clothes for his birthday and Christmas, he won’t complain if he looks good in them or just go shopping with him
Balding -encourage him to shave it all off but as he gets older (say over 45) this just comes with the territory, dating a 20/early 30 something with George Jefferson hair is not cute.
Hairy -unless he looks like one of those Gieco guys this isn’t really a deal breaker, at the most encourage him to shave

What’s on your list?

6 comments:

Lady Dulayne said...

Instead of making dealbreakers, I made list of "must-haves" with most any other thing being something to work on. This included:

Passion for life

Being a Kid at Heart
Great love and appreciation for music
Sense of Humor/ Sense of Fun -

Non-Religious

Sensual, Sexually Aware and Adventurous

Emotionally Open, Sensitive and Considerate

And most importantly:

Gotta be crazy about me

The only real dealbreaker I had was they can't smoke and have to live within an hour distance. But if those main variables were there, I'd work with the rest.

Music Snob said...

I try not to have too many deal breakers beyond "he beats me". Just kidding. Similar to GFPH, I try not to have dealbreakers and instead focus on must haves. And for me I must have chemistry with/attraction for the person. If that's there all other things usually fall into place since I find it hard to believe that I would be attracted to someone who had horrendous breath or who was a drug addict.

Brothers Blog said...

Stuck up
Jealous
Boring

Bad hair- even if you gotta weave it or braid it at least keep the braids or weave tight.

Bad teeth - Don't have to be the whitest or straightest but have all of them and in pretty good shape.

BAd hygiene- which includes any and all bad odors including: bad breath, Musty, and lord please no odors in the vaginal area.

Feminity - It's cool for her to do somethings like play sports and all. But overall gotta be a girly girl. Hate to feel like I'm with one of my boys all the time.

That's all I got off the top but like you I could probably make a long list if I sat and thought it out.

clnmike said...

Lol, this is good I have to think about mine.

Unknown said...

My list mirrors yours:
have car
have job
speak proper

And even though I am a baby mama myself. I don't deal with drama. I don't give it to anyone and I don't want any coming my way. So I don't mind children as long as there is no drama.

I don't like smokers.

And this may seem shallow but I need great sex. . .which doesn't come til later so if he has everything else on my list I guess we could work on that.

And I don't need anyone who is contastly putting me down or complaining about the way I am.
Take me as I am

Not Your Average Male said...

Ummm -- I just don't like any woman who take nude pics of herself with the digital camera that you bought her for Christmas with your hard-earned money, only to send them to her ex-boyfriend and listening to "Still On My Brian" (Justin Timberlake) a little more than you'd like...

Wait, where am I? And how did I get here?