Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I hate everyone

No, I'm not pmsing. Sometimes I just get that way, when everything bugs me and I've got no escape from the annoying. I close one door on an annoying person just to turn around and have another one starring right at me.

This is the time of the year to be thankful but no working at a soup kitchen or listening to sad all I want for Christmas stories on the radio can change how I feel right now. I'm just in an extended funk and I'm beginning to wonder if I ever truly came out of it. For example was I simply just in remission from anger at some point?

I know that I need a vacation away from people when even the most non important things get on my nerves, when the usual bothers make me want to pick up a trash can and scream "Radio" (for all those who've seen Do the Right Thing, you know what I mean) and the really bothersome things make me want to tase and/or mace people. I've asked for mace for Christmas but I wonder if in my hands it will be used for good instead of evil.

Okay, so let me categorize the things that get on nerves.

Stupid but bothersome

The plot line on Heroes and Grey's Anatomy upsets me in ways I can't understand.

I just watched really good episodes of Smallville and Supernatural on the CW network and they won't have new episodes until mid January- they get the finger! Bammas!

My expensive Verizon "high speed" Internet isn't fast at ALL!

My landlord is about to catch a foot. When something breaks down don't tell me how to fix it, you come and fix it! If I have to break apart something to get it to work, it's out of my league. Do your job or give me my deposit back!

One of my coworkers keeps wanting to have conversations with me everyday and is bothersome to many. I don't really like her (nor do I trust her, why does she go through my cubicle sometimes when I'm not there, we don't work on any of the same projects and she isn't my back up) but I can't say that and it really is mean to think that way but...


Trash can moments

My job, my team lead got an agency award that should have been a team award because she is not a leader or a good source of guidance. I had to basically train myself and she goes to ME for answers! Meanwhile, I got no award, no real time off and haven't gone to any out of state trainings or get to rotate which my white counterpart got to do and she wasn't as good a worker as I was (yeah, I'm tooting my own horn). Don't let me file an EEO claim!

Thanksgiving dinner with family and their friends- don't wanna go. Some will surely annoy me and with me being in the titled mood, I'm going to have to hold tight to patience.

Another guy I'm seeing, seemed a bit disappointed that I was taking things slow (not the same as the taser guy below). Since when did third date automatically lead to sex? We don't even know each other's last names! No wonder MD has a high rate of STDs! AIDS is the number one killer of black women in my age group- kick rocks. Let's take our time, to quote Ms. Janet!

Upstairs neighbor was blasting hard rock and sounded like they were river dancing at 1130pm on a Sunday night. I stormed up there to politely complain. I expected it to be a woman who I thought lived above me but instead was scared half to death when what appeared to be a Marilyn Manson fan answered the door. He was polite enough but my tone was really pleasant as well. Note to self- don't knock on doors if you don't know who the hell lives there!

Tasing moments

A guy thought it was okay to try to grope me on the end of our date. I let him know I was not down with it and preferred to take things slow (see rationale above) which he didn't seem to respect too much (gave a half assed "I understand") but I said goodbye and left. (A week later he asked me out again...via text. My response- . ) Had I had a taser or some pepper spray the night would have gone differently (provided I had a gas mask so I didn't inhale the spray and was far enough from him to tase him without him grabbing me).

The immature dochebag who tried to grope me at the bar last weekend when I was two stepping with my friends and got on my nerves so bad I had to leave the dance floor or else stab him with my keys. What's with the disrespect? He proceeded to bother me again later on that night and I called him out on it. He walked away this time.

The ass who decided to park behind my building the other night and proceeded to loudly curse out someone on the phone for thirty minutes around 12am on a Wednesday night! If only I had a blow dart!

Okay enough complaining, I feel a little better already but things can surely change if that coworker I mentioned above keeps walking past my cubicle...

*Side note, is it sad that the title of this post comes from a children's book about an angry bee?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I understand. I really do.
And I also know that winter is here so that can add to the hate/depression/funk/tiredness.

I am sure that before the end of winter I will be writing at least two of these a week :)

I hope you feel better soon and that those men learn to contain themselves before they get the taser.

clnmike said...

Dont get me started on landlords!

♥ CG ♥ said...

Whew, I feel ya, girl! I think I'm in anger remission at the moment, but all it will take is one of the things you mentioned and somebody will get the wrath. Hang in there and try to enjoy the holdiday :).

P.S. Let Mike handle the landlord for ya...lol.

KEN SOLOMON said...

This was great! Thanks for the laughs! I have learned to be thankful for the little things. They keep me on level ground and they might help you. I'm thankful for dry socks and being able to take a deep breath. I'm thankful that I am able to read what you wrote and that you are able to write. I thankful for light bulbs and cars and floridated toothpaste and ball point pens. I am very thankful that I can stand up straight and that you can too. I'm thankful for people. With all of their warts, I would rather have them than not.

Hey Girlfriend! said...

This was funny! There are a few things that irritate me on the regular basis, but for the sake of time and blog space I'll keep it to public transportation and petty bosses (honestly, what since does it make to give me a 10 minute lecture for being 3 minutes late!)

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

lol - side bar for lanlord - WHOOP THAT TRICK LOL

Brothers Blog said...

LMAO @ Radiooooo! I remember Marin did it on his show. "It worked for spike in do the right thing!" lol.

I hate the co-workers that try to talk to me knowing we don't like each other. UGH!

Erika 2004 said...

Girl, don't get me started about work!!! My supervisor is...I better leave it there!

I hope you feel a bit better. Downloading is so cathartic. It sometimes helps to put it all in perspective.

I couldn't help but chuckle at the landlord. I can't believe he wants to TELL you how to fix it instead of getting his butt over there and fixing it himself. But after the move in mess, well, I can't say I'm all that surprised.