Thursday, June 12, 2008

Too Picky?

Okay so I was listening to the radio on a pleasent yet mad early drive to work this morning. On one of my regular favorite stations the DJs have a weekly thing where they have a person get a chance to confront someone that did them wrong or something of the sort. Today a woman gets a chance to confront a guy who she went out on two dates with who suddenly disappeared. She explained that they had two great dates and then suddenly the guy disappeared. The dj's asked if she had "relations" with the guy and she said they fooled around but it didn't go that far and he didn't seem disappointed.

So they now include the guy and ask him about his version of the dates. He says she was nice but he tended to have a three strike rule - if he notices three things wrong with someone he doesn't continue to see them. I'm thinking okay, let's hear what she did.

Strike one- her bra and panties didn't match. Side note- question guys- do you really care if a woman's undies don't match- is that the ultimate goal? I didn't get it, neither did the DJ. Buy her a matching Vickies set a move on!

Strike two- her nails and toes weren't manicured. Okay if she was sporting talons on her feet and dirty fingers I can see the distain but this can be rectified easily. I wonder how bad they truly were.

Strike three- her teeth weren't white enough
Kay- if she had teeth the color of big bird that might be a bit disturbing but if they were ivory instead of snow white then I'm not with him there. I certainly find missing and/or gold/platinum teeth a strike in my book though.

Mind you the dj's instantly sided with the woman (who added that the guys teeth were capped so she could never get his artificial whitness without dentist intervention). The guy (35 years old) replied that he had a right to have standards and that women do, why not him.

But are women that pickey? And if the situation was in reverse the djs assured him they'd react the same way.

Just wondering if this guy is picker than most men or if that kind of superficial easily fixable stuff is really a deal breaker (I mean we aren't talking removing a hump on her back here).

3 comments:

Erika 2004 said...

Reminded me of that scene in "Boomerang" where "Marcus" talks about not getting with a girl because she had Hammertime in her shoe.

I can understand having standards, but damn! It kills me that none of the things mentioned had anything to do with the woman's personality. Maybe he has such high standards because he doesn't want to commit. Self-consciously, he could be thinking no woman could ever meet ALL of his standards and he isn't willing to lower them. Hence, commitment avoided!

Unknown said...

The teeth and nails he would have noticed before he asked her out.
It didn't bother him for to dates. The panties and bra thing came when they were about to fool around but didn't.
My opinion he was a dog or playa and was only after some. So, good for her that he didn't get far. Cause, then she would only feel worse.

Lady Dulayne said...

I think this guy was pickier than most.

Most dudes (I think) would be less concerned about the bra and pany matching than trying to get them both off. But I could be wrong.

Women are usually much pickier.