Wednesday, June 18, 2008

So I thought I could dance...

Okay you may not know this but I am a bit of a reality TV addict. I don't watch everything- hey I have my limits (and Flavor of Love 3 was it!) But during the writer's strike and during the summer hiatus sometimes that's all a gal who waste too much time watching the tube has got!

Anywho, right now my favorites are She's Got the Look, Project Runway (well it starts in July), the Real World Hollywood (I gave it up but got plugged back in when they moved to Hollywood but I'm not loyal to it), America's Best Dance Crew, Big Brother (it too starts in July) and So You Think you Can Dance.

Okay, one thing I love about the dance shows is that it inspires me to get my bum off the bed and get fit. Nothing like seeing someone do a high kick that get's you motivated to see how flexible you are. One high kick and an attempt at a solid back bend later( which resulted in very bad things) and I have decided to get on the Yoga train.

I run, I walk, I do weights, I do dance, I do Pilates but it hasn't made me as flexible as I like (although Pilates is great for the back and stomach). I'm not training to audition for Cirque de Solei but I have problems with my knees and my back and need to get right. I'm 20 something not 50 something! I don't want to be pushing a walker at 40! So I'm flex training and strength training. It's never too late (I hope) to get my figure toned and limber.

And I don't care if I'm the only person who see's that I can do the back bend with the best of them or lift my leg to my ear (ok, that's just not happening without an accompanying visit to the ER). Anywho I'm doing this for me and my health.

So maybe in the next couple of years I'll be joining the ranks of Madonna and Sting with my crazy Yoga poses...maybe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy the dance shows because it's just amazing what some of those dancers can do with their bodies!

Unknown said...

I don't watch the dance shows much. I did watch a ballroom competition before it was good.
I am trying to practice excerising.
I start then quit then start then quit. I need to get a trainer who will force me. He will have to be mean and threaten me with bodily harm cause, I will complain and cry I can't do it.