Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My Sex and the City Outing

So I checked out Sex and the City on Friday with some gal pals. We went down the fabulous Landmark Theater in downtown Baltimore and you could have sworn there was a fashion show going on because place was packed with women in their “Get em” girl where, complete with fabulous shoes and accessory. Carrie and Samantha would be proud. One comment was “this is the best looking audience ever”. One very kind lady said I looked pretty and asked if I was out on summer break. Bless her heart!
Inside, groups took pictures (mine was one of them) and drank wine and mixed cocktails (the theater usually allows such beverages). Even Danity Kane, who was in the area for a show made an earlier movie but I just missed seeing them.

Anywho, the movie was great. And even though it was nearly 2 ½ hours it didn’t feel like such. No the movie won’t be getting an Oscar but it will keep many of its loyal fans. It was thoroughly enjoyable. The fashion, the love, the fashion, the girl talk… the fashion! And with such mega box office success we’ll be sure to see the rumors of a sequel come true.

After the movies my gals met up with more gals to have none other than cocktails at a trendy lounge in Federal Hill. We drank and talk and kidded around, while dodging drunken Red Sox fans who had invaded our town for the weekend (no offense, new faces always welcomed). Still it felt good to get back in touch with friends I hadn’t seen in a while. And it was heartening to see and hear about groups of friends going to see the movie and relating to the characters and the bonds. Really the show should be renamed Friends and the City because ultimately it’s the bond those girls have that keep the audience going…

2 comments:

Eb the Celeb said...

yes... the movie did move very well for being over 2 hours but it was still just "OK" for me.

I felt it was very predictable. I did love how they elevated Samantha's character though... and Charlotte's story was so pure.

I just felt like Carrie was a fool and couldnt relate to her at all.

Lady Dulayne said...

I just wrote my own review of the movie which despite its plot shortcomings, I enjoyed.

But the outing was a blast. Glad I got to be there!