Friday, September 19, 2008

The Final Straw

This economy has hurt our gas consumption, has charged us for checking in bags, made us pay higher prices for groceries but the final straw is when they start messing with the most important thing of all: CANDY!

Seems now due to higher prices Hershey's chocolate has taken the cocoa butter out of many of their chocolate candies and replaced it with vegetable oil! Not since the great coca cola switch have I been this upset (okay, I wasn't born when the original soda was out but I keep hearing about how it was way better than today's stuff so now I'm upset).

Anywho, vegetable oil is supposed to be cheaper but you don't see Hershey's dropping their prices on the candy and it tastes different.
I saw this on the Today show and many customers are upset and don't like the taste of the new candy as compared to the old actual milk chocolate they used to eat. Some actually like the new stuff. To each their own but if there is no actual cocoa butter in the new stuff it's not really chocolate but more so chocolate flavored. That's whack! Don't make me come up to Hershey, Pennsylvannia!

6 comments:

Diva's Thoughts said...

Vegitable oil in candy? Noooooo! I can not imagine that would taste good.

clnmike said...

You dont mess with chocolate, that a rule.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

guess this is what they mean by trickle down economics have a gr8 weekend folk

Anonymous said...

This is a disgrace. What is the world coming to?

Karyn Beach said...

For my father the final straw was white chocolate. I remember when it started getting popular, my dad saw me with a white chocolate candy bar and asked what I was eating. When I told him, he shook his head and said angrily, "White folks won't give us nuthing!" LOL!!

CC Solomon said...

Now that is hilarious!