Monday, March 31, 2008

Work It Out

Okay so my friend put me on to the new Danity Kane album and although I was a hater for their first album I must admit that I am really feeling this new one. Perhaps because it’s a pretty fast track album and it makes me want to go out running (and anything that can encourage me to want to exercise gets a gold star, thumbs up, pat on the back from me!). So anyway that got me thinking about different songs that get me pumped to workout.
Here are some of my favorites (new and old).
1) 4 minutes to save the world (almost any of her fast paced songs -Madonna and Justin Timberlake with Timbaland)
2) Jump- House of Pain
3) Gimmie More -Brittney Spears (she may be a little coocoo for cocoa puffs right now but that song gets me on the elliptical!)
4) Just Fine (remix) -Mary J. Blidge and Lil Wayne (not a big Lil Wayne fan but the throw back beat to early rap is great)
5) Crazy -Gnarls Barkley
6) Sexy Back -Justin Timbaland
7) Lose yourself -Eminem
8) Almost any Beyonce/ Destiny’s Child
9) A few J-Lo tracks
10) Please don’t stop the music-Rihanna
11) I gotta get through this- Daniel Beddingfield
12) You and Your Hand- Pink
13) Move your Body – Nina Sky?
14) Promiscuous girl- Nelly Fertado
15) (forgot the title of the complilation) Linkin Park/JayZ
16) Lose Control- Missy Elliot
17) Feedback- Janet Jackson
18) Work It Out – Kanye West
19) Whine Up- Kat DeLuna and Elephant Man (who also makes some workout worthy reggae dance hall songs)
20) World Hold on- Bob Sinclair
21) Let’s Get It Started/ Pump it – Black Eyed Peas
22) When you Gonna Give it Up to Me- Sean Paul
23) Heaven- Cascada? (really, just about any late 90’s early 2000s house/dance song)
24) Can’t get you out of my head- Kylie Minogue
25) Boyz- M.I.A.
26) We Takin Over- DJ Khaled
27) Tambourine- Eve
28) Stronger- Kanye West
29) I Just Wanna Live- Good Charlotte
30) How Far We’ve Come- MatchBox Twenty
31) Bittersweet Symphony- The Verve (I like to run to this)
32) Suddenly I see- KT Turnstall (also like running to this)
33) What I’ve Done- Linkin Park
34) The Creeps- Camille Jones
35) Stop Me- Mark Ronson
36) Lenny Kravitz (I just like him and I’m putting him in here)
37) Last Resort? – Papa Roach
38) Technologic/ One More Time- Daft Punk
39) I got it from my mama- Will.I.AM
40) Teen Spirit- Nirvana
41) Knock You Out- LL Cool J

Any suggestions from you that I should download?

3 comments:

Rashard said...

My playlist also includes numbers 1, 5, 7, 15 (which is called Numb/Encore, btw), 28, and 41. May I also suggest:

"Go-Go Gadget Flow" by Lupe Fiasco
"Monkey Wrench" by The Foo Fighters
"Fighter" by Christina Aguilera
"What's My Name" or "Get It On the Floor" by DMX (or any song where he just shouts at you for 4 minutes)
"Shook Ones" by Mobb Deep
"B.O.B" by Outkast
The Z-Trip Remix of "I Want You Back" by the Jackson 5(a little known workout gem)
"Run" by Gnarls Barkley
"#1" by Nelly
and least we not forget "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor.

Lady Dulayne said...

I've just became a fan od Daft Punk an might I suggest Missy Elliot.

Particularly Get Ur Freak on and Work It. Gets me going on that treadmill.

Not Your Average Male said...

Oh, GFPH -- I'm feeling that Missy suggestion. I love that new track "Ching-a-Ling"

I don't have any constructive suggestions, except almost anything by Rage Against The Machine (especially "Sleep Now in the Fire")