Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Would you trust a man to take the pill?

Sooo, this has been in the work for a while now but Researchers at the University of Kansas and the University of Kansas Medical Center have recieved a grant to develop a male contraceptive. The pill will cause temporary infertility. Meanwhile Researchers at the University of Washington in Seattle and in Europe are working on a hormone contraceptive that lowers sperm count. It may be five years for a male pill hits the market but one could appear in Europe sooner.
So what do you think? Would you trust your guy to take the pill in lieu of you taking it? I wonder if both types of pills can be taken and would that increase the effectiveness of not getting pregnant. In any event I am not so sure I would trust the guy. My thoughts are that since women are used to doing so why fix it if it aint broke. I can't see a guy, whose never had to do so before, start taking a birth control pill. Maybe a younger generation new to the "process" would be more sucessful. But call me crazy if women decided to liberate themselves and force the man to see how it feels and take the pill, well, I think we'd see a lot more pregnacies happening. But on the other hand, guys wouldn't you feel more empowered? A guy couldn't argue that he was "trapped" when a woman doesn't take the pill because he can now too (not to mention he should have been using the condom anyway). To me, it's only fair to spread the proverbial wealth and put the responsibility on both parties because, hello, the act is done by both. I'm just saying...still I don't know if I'd trust the guy...

7 comments:

Not Your Average Male said...

The difference in the percentage of trustworthy men vs trustworthy women is mind-boggling... but that's not to say there aren't some suspect females running around.

All that to say, statistically -- if you trust a guy who says "I'm on the pill" and you haven't watched him ingest it daily at the same time... well, then I guess you were just ready to get pregnant.

Good thing I'm not like that... although I'd be scared to take such a pill. All my recent hard work in the gym would go to waste.

Erika 2004 said...

I would NOT trust the guy, at all. That would be just one more potential lie they can add to the already long list of lies that they try use to get us women to agree to allow them bareback admission.

Lady Dulayne said...

Girl, I didn't even need to read this whole thing cause the answer is a flat out HELL TO THE NAW!

I have experienced too many guys bending the truth when it comes to sex to trust anything that comes out of their mouth.

Now if the guy wsa taking the pill AND carrying the baby, then I might have more faith.

Jerome said...

I wouldn't trust a woman who says she is on the pill either. I would take the pill and use the condom. My worst nightmare is a woman with my child that I don't want with my child.

Eb the Celeb said...

hells no... they can barely pee without getting specs of urine on the toilet seat and they have a pointer... no way would i trust them taking the pill

Anonymous said...

depends on the guy, and the pill, and the level of inebriation. all in all, with no control over what happens next, we're less eager than you are for ish to happen.

Anonymous said...

Geez, is taking a pill within the confines a commitment really that great of a burden? Is it really too much between two people with established trust? Of course, good judgement is key. You can't just trust anybody and you shouldn't sleep with just anybody either.

I'd happily take a pill with my daily multivitamin everyday in full view of the one that should care. But I would have a view viles of my ancestors' legacy frozen just in case the pill is *too* effective.