Thursday, March 26, 2009

Random Things

Sorry I've been M.I.A. I've been getting back into my fictional writing trying to get it published worthy.

Get me for my paper

If the US Post Office stops delivering mail on Saturdays they could save 3 billion dollars a year. I’m all for saving money especially on that scale. I don’t think I’d be too broken hearted if I had to wait till Monday. Now if we could get them to stop delivering junk mail and unsolicited mail that would be wonderful- wonder how much money that would save.

The Popos put you on blast

In some state (forgot where) prostitution is a big problem so the police are considering sending letters home to the wives of men who are caught with a prostitution. Now obviously this is controversial. Some men feel that is an invasion of privacy but women would want to know if for nothing else, health concerns. Here’s how I see it. Should a man be hiding from his wife that he is going to court on a solicitation of prostitution charge? How can you hide that from your wife anyway? And you’re a jerk if you try to hide it. Now some men feel this is a whole guilty until proven innocent (I mean they could have simply been giving a poor prostitute a ride home and nothing more). Well fine, explain that to the wife and leave it to her to believe you or not. I’m sorry, but I’d like to know if my husband has been arrested. I’m not for keeping secrets in a marriage especially ones of those caliber. And seeing that technically adultery is still illegal (although no one brings it to court anymore) that’s not necessarily the husbands right to keep it quiet. If he was arrested for murder or some other heinous crime that wouldn’t be kept quiet so why should this? I’m just saying…

Too Bootilious for you baby

So a friend stated that bigger (and in his mind big is size 6/8 and up) black women could not attract really good looking white men because they (white men) don’t like that size. Now seeing as most black women are that size and up he basically states that most white men who are attractive wouldn’t like black women. I told him he was wrong and gave examples, he didn’t believe me and wanted to challenge me saying that those men only wanted to sleep with black women but weren’t interested in seriously dating them or marrying them. I stopped arguing, feeling the whole thing was not only offensive but futile and labeled him an ass.S ince I had given up being annoyed at people for lent lets just say I fell off the wagon. Some people deserve to be beat in the head severely with a verbal assult.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best wishes on your book; I'm sure it'll be a great read.

Now on the matters of your randoms and how you actually raised some good issues.

The Post Office is definitely going to save a gang of money and much like yourself, many folks won't care that they aren't getting their mail on Saturday-most people don't even like to get their mail every day as it is. Eliminating junk mail will be impossible because it's based on consumer spending, so if you don't want junk mail, then stop shopping...lol.

Kickin' it with prostitutes is a crime and yes, police should out these cats. Prostitution is a vile thing-women selling their bodies for money; I'm not judging anyone, but there has to be another to pay the rent, but if some dude is caught up with one, then yeah, I'm sure his loyal wife would want to know what her husband is getting into.

And your friend (or former friend) was thinking pretty ignorantly. Times have changed and white men love women with curves and they're not going to find those illustrious figures with their own kind. If black men love, date, and marry "thick" women, then why can't a white man have the same desires? At the end of the day, it truly depends on the beholder because there are a lot of brothas out there that love frail pasty curveless white women.

Unknown said...

Do your thing. Write that book.

The Post office: It won't bother me if they don't deliver on Saturday.
If they eliminate junk mail they really wouldn't have money. . .that's probably their biggest income.

Prostitutes: If you commit a crime then you have to do all the time and punishment.

Your friend: let it go. . .people will always have their beliefs right or wrong.

Diva's Thoughts said...

Your "friend" in that last story has something wroong with him.

Lady Dulayne said...

You know how I feel about this "friend".

If he has no probably being disrespectful you and your whole damn race right in front of you, then the HELL with his ass!