Thursday, April 2, 2009

Music on My Mind This Month

Some of these songs are new, some aren't but I just go with whatever catches my spirit at the moment.

Therapy- India Arie- I just love her and this song makes me happy!

Brandy- Right here (Departed) Although it’s a bit old (came out in 2008), I was reintroduced to it and it's another hopeful song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeoVHUQuzR0

Knock Me Down- Keri Hilson, with NeYo and Kanye, what a great collaboration. And Ms. Hilson is making me want to chop my hair off again ( but maybe I'lll just get a short weave).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF5Q1jr28PM

Ayo- Life is Real- Another old one (but I really feel for neo sould sometimes it takes a minute for some to get on the bandwagon because its hard to find)- and I love songs set in Africa


Mos Def- Life in Marvelous Times- heard this song in commercials for this weeks episode of House which my boy Mos Def guest stared in so had to hear the whole song. (side note, why do I understand him better when he raps then when he actually speaks?)



Kid Cudi- Day and Night- this is such a simple sounding rap which I like. I prefer to hear the words. I actually like the dance remix as well so I have both here. You'll found that the "black" radio versions play the regular one and the "white" radio stations seem to only play the dance remix version (much like is done with Kanye's Heartbreaker, dunno why). I likes both.

original


remix


Kevin Rudolf- Welcome to the World- a good jogging song

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where's that good ol' school music like Chaka, Patti, Marvin, and them.... :-)

Toure Zeigler said...

Ive never heard of Ayo before, the song is pretty dope.

As far as Mos Def, that's true about a lot or rappers making more sense when they rap then when they speak. I think Nas is the best example of that.

Toure Zeigler said...

Ive never heard of Ayo before, the song is pretty dope.

As far as Mos Def, that's true about a lot or rappers making more sense when they rap then when they speak. I think Nas is the best example of that.