Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Music on My Mind

So I had a blog buddy who used to post regularly different music/videos she was feeling out there and the recent tag post I did inspired me to do the same every once in a while. As a writer music gets me in a zone. Jill Scott gets me to my women's lit mode and Lincoln Park gets me to my horror writing zone.
So I also like to search out for lesser known artist so I live on itunes for unknowns. Not to mention, don't laugh, but the show So You Think You Can Dance has put me on to some really off mainstream lyrical goodies. Anywho, down below are just a few of the videos/songs I'm diggin at the moment (some are old some are brand spankin new). I'll try to put a couple up on a weekly or every other week basis- spread the word underground and what not.

Justin Nozaka- After Tonight (and he's Kevin Bacon's nephew- random)- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgGkJez6pcM

Anything by Adele but this is Chasing Pavements
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz7vGW2_5c0

Santogold- I'm feeling her Creator song but this is LES Artistes which I'm feeling as well- this isn't a sista who is afraid to rock- we need more!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9JI0GXkARQ

Even though I hate to admit I like his stuff- Kanye West and Chris Martin (of Coldplay)- Homecoming
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hotjeKvovg

That's all for now...

4 comments:

Eb the Celeb said...

Didnt like her at first but Adele is growing on me

Unknown said...

I do that too. Listen to certain songs for writing certain stories.

I even use gospel music for when I want to get down and depressed. Songs that speak of pain.
When I play certain songs my children are like you must be writing.

Unknown said...

i see u jaming

Erika 2004 said...

I've been playing around with this idea. I tend to search out new independent artists when the mainstream bores me to death, which is often. One artist that I have came is Yolanda Johnson. Her album came out a few years ago but I just discovered her recently. It's pretty good album. It's just too short. There's only like 8 cuts. You can find it on iTunes.