Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Can't Touch This- Worst Rapper's of All Time

While I am HARDLY a Rap Aficionado I found this list to be quite amusing, although I didn't agree with everything. Here's the link to the full list from Yahoo Music http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/listoftheday/2977/the-25-worst-rappers-of-all-time

but I'll just post the top 10. Although I will note that Nelly, Chingy (some of my fremale friends who love him might be angered here but not me!), and Master P made it on the list, however, how did Shaquille O'Neal not get in the top 10? (He was number 11)

10) Marky Mark And The Funky Bunch:
Okay, I may have Roger Rabbitted to this tune and still think Mark Whalberg is a bit of a hottie but yeah, he deserves to be on this list.

9) K-Fed:
He should have never got a record deal...

8) Will Smith:
Now I have to disagree here. Okay, Will Smith is no master emcee but he had way too many hits to be put in the top 10 (albiet half of those hits weren't written by him- shall we put NAS up here for writing Getting Jiggy Wit It for Mr. Smith?)

7) Mr. T:
Who knew?

6) Fred Durst (Limp Bizkit):
I actually liked some songs of Limp Bizkit but agree Fred's no rapper.

5) Puff Daddy:
Thank you for putting him on the list! He sells hit records but can hardly rap or sing. I dub him the male Madonna (because although I love Madge, she is no singing diva). He proves you don't have to have a lot of vocal talent to make hits. Now if only someone would talk over his songs like he does on all the records of his artist...

4) Dee Dee King (The Ramones):
Uhm... Who?

3) Brian Austin Green: Okay he was a cutie on 90210 and still hot on the Terminator series but looks only gets you so far. He really had no business rapping!

2) MC Hammer:
Haters, I liked MC Hammer back in the day. He doesn't deserve to be this high on the list. Is it because he went broke and had a wack wardrobe?

1) Vanilla Ice:
Whether he deserves it or not, whose going to argue?

3 comments:

Eb the Celeb said...

yeah... they straight hating on MC Hammer... Chingy should have took his place... and I am so glad Diddy or Puffy or Puff Daddy... whatever the heck he is calling himself this week because in the words of Kris Kross... he is wiggity wiggity wiggity whack!

Diva's Thoughts said...

I agree with most of that list but I have to disagree with Will Smith. He was actually a pretty good rapper for his era. Obvoiously because it propelled him to superstardom.

Not Your Average Male said...

Thanks for the link. I've been meaning to check it out for a minute.

I agree with everyone on Hammer and the Fresh Prince. They were fantastic for their era and their music was resoundingly positive (Then again, I suppose we'd have to overlook Hammer's "The Funky Headhunter") -- something which is GREATLY lacking today.

This list was decent, but I don't agree 100% with the order and a few of the entrants. I really feel like Soulja Boy and Hurricane Chris got a pass because they're kids. Shawty Lo, Rocko, Plies, etc -- there are soooo many whack ass rappers who should've gotten chastised on there.

P.S.: Some of those word verifications are utterly illegible -- this is my second attempt, lol