Monday, February 9, 2009

OOOOKAAAY

Just have to comment on some random things in the media thats got a girl scratching her curly little head.

Little Kim on Dancing with the Stars? I'm a bit veklimpted here (since this is really a made up word from Mike Myers skit in SNL I'll spell it how I like, thanks!). One can only assume she is trying to reinvent her image here for a classier one. And as we grow older I can't blame her for wanting to be more sophisticated. Especially coming from suck a less than classy rapping past. However, if she plans to resurrect her rapping career will it be in a differnt light? Because after doing this show, the hardcore Kim isn't really going to be there. I'm intrigued. I'm also wishing she hadn't gotten so much plastic surgery. Not sure I want to see her every week looking so on-the-road-to-Micheal-Jackson-like.

Chris Brown arrested? Just when you think you can count on some Black Stars to keep their nose clean this goes and happens. Thats like Nick Cannon or Will Smith getting arrested. I'm curious what really happened. It was a battery charge against an unnamed female who some assume was Rihanna although her camp says she is well (but well as can be expected or well as in nothing happened to her?). I have a hard time imaginging Chris Brown beating on anyone let alone a woman but I don't know him so we'll have to see.

Micheal Phelps and smoking the mary jane. Okay, so I am neutral on this. Obviously doing drugs is a bad thing. But he's not doing anything out of the norm. He's a 23 year old man/boy with a load of althletic pressure on him. It's not surprising that he engaged in some rec drug use. And I'm not mad that some of his sponsors pulled the plug on him. He is a role model whether he asked for it or not. And when he does wrong, he certainly shouldn't get paid for it but parents surely shouldn't be telling their kids to be like him anyway. Outside of swiming like a fish that's all he ever showed he was ready for. Focus on his athletic performance not his life style. That's the parents role.


The lady with 14 kids who will be raising them alone? She is like the old woman who lived in a shoe (although she's only in her early thirties). This seems like a nightmare to me. I mean one child would cut me back on my clothes shopping but 14 would have me wearing potato sacks! But in all seriousness, this opens up yet another legal-moral-medical query. I've always been iffy on invetro when there are so many kids who need adoption although I understand the need to want to have a biological child. However, when someone already has 6 kids and they are a single parent, someone needs to step in and say something. This opens up a whole new side of a woman's right to choose. To choose to keep having kids beyond what she can really handle. Does the gov't have the right to step in and say you can't have anymore b/c you have too many or b/c you are unfit, b/c you are disabled, and so forth?

8 comments:

Diva's Thoughts said...

I too think its going to be wierd to see Lil Kim on DWTS. We'll see how that goes.

You raise alot of great questions about a woman's right to have as many children as she wants. Should there be intervention at some point? I don't know.

Unknown said...

I am going to put my two cent in on the lady with the children.
She has my mind boggled.

She already had six. And lives off her mother. The mother who went on the radio and said there is something wrong with her daughter.
And I watched the woman on the Today show. . .she sounds (to me) a little off in her reason for wanting so many children.
And did she say student loans, freinds, and family to help take care of the children?
*side eye.

It isn't the act of invitro I have an issue with it seems to me as if she needed some counseling.

clnmike said...

With Phelps I tought big deal let him alone, than I got to thinking if he was black they would have crucified him.

Lady Dulayne said...

Lil Kim in on my "Setting Us Back List". I wish she would go away.

Oh no, not my lil boy Chris Brown. That's my lil boyfriend. I'll bail him out. Sike up but yeah, what is with our...well everybody these days.

Baby Mama of 14, I'd like to smack her with a good chair. I am 100% sure she did this for fame and fortune. She has NO means to care for 8 let alone 6 and none of her motives make any sense. Also on the bitch-slap list is the fert. doctor who helped here here.

I hope she doesn't see a think dime for this mess!

Phelps? Meh, who hasn't been there. I still can't believe weed isn't legal yet. I ain never heard of any death attributed from smoking herb. Alcohol and nicotine on the other hand...

Lady Dulayne said...

Update: Ok, I hadn't read about Chris Brown until right now. WTF!!!

Oh no he didn't! DAMN, man! What is wrong with people!!!!

CC Solomon said...

Exactly right? I don't care how annoying she was, he put her in the hospital. Unless she was going all fatal attraction on him, beating her up was uncalled for. His career is OVER. He'd been better off being caught doing drugs. Remember Mike Tyson- people don't let go of men who beat up women.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

glad i dont follow entertainment like that sounds boring lol

Anonymous said...

You have some pretty cool random things to talk about.

I'm not really looking forward to seeing Kim 'DWTS'; she looks like an experiment gone all wrong, but she does look like she can dance a little bit.

Mike Phelps knows better than to be fooling around with the tweeds like that. He also needs to get a better crop of friends because whoever took that pic and posted it was on some get-back or some mess!

I'm not too sure what to make of the whole Chris Brown situation. I'm a tad disappointed at him for going fisticuffs with a young lady in public. Just like the young Phelps, sponsors are dropping Chris like a bad habit.

The lady with the 14 babies...SMH. I feel bad for the grand-parents. The lady was a bit inconsiderate bringing more mouths to feed into that ill-equipped home. Again SMH!