Monday, October 13, 2008

I think I'm Spike Lee's hype man

Oprah said the Spike Lee's Miracle at St. Anna was great. Then two coworkers who are familiar with my movie taste said the movie was great and recommended I see it. So a friend and I did check it out over the weekend and I have to say that I LOVED that movie!

It looks like a war movie about the Buffalo soldiers (black army in World War II) but it was oh so much more. The fighting war part of it was only a backdrop and part of the story but not the center. Many side plots, very touching and of course many miracles. It had a few flaws but over all I enjoyed it even though it was long. Spike Lee has really told a story, in my opinion, as good as his Malcom X tale which I believe was his greatest work (I've seen just about all his movies and some are better than others). It's also based on a book if you are a reader. Anywho I'm spreading the word (since the media isn't) and telling people to go check it all!


As a side note here are two things that I'm confused about:

How did Eminem get listed as Vibes best living rapper of all time? Top ten list okay but better than everyone. I'm no great rap head at all and tend to sway towards the conscious bit but he even beat out Jay Z so I gotta scratch my head on this.

Check this blog for an explanation and the bloggers reasoning on why the rating is a bit whack-



The stock market raising almost 1000 points. Great news, for darn sure but how'd it happen? Does this mean things are going to get better or is this simply an eye in the middle of the financial storm. I'm weary about getting too happy here.


Final note-

I'm going to Vegas, baby!

For my birthday so I'll be giving you a limited recap (what with what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas and all) next week.

I leave on Friday morning! Oh yeah!

6 comments:

clnmike said...

Vibe lost all my respect for that one. You know damn well you dont let idiots vote.

Wait a sec, there is an election going on right?

dmarks said...

The only Spike movie I saw was "Malcolm X", which I saw right after reading Alex Haley's book. I thought the movie was kind of tired-seeming.

Erika 2004 said...

You are the third person to rave about that movie. I am going to have to check it out for sure.

Eminem, the best living rapper of all time? I don't think so.

Because of the timing, I think the stock market increase is temporary. People are a little less in a panic because of the bailout. If the government manages this situation well, maybe it will be fine in the long term. But, quite frankly, I just don't have much faith in that happening. We will see. Right now, I'm not going to think about it too hard. I worry enough as it is.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

we just are poorly read and dont knoow or appreciate history

Unknown said...

I have read so many mixed reviews about his new movie I don't know what to think. Guess I have to see it for myself. That is always best to do.

Have fun in Vegas. And let loose and cut up. Just tell everyone your name is Susan.

Eb the Celeb said...

I'll still havent seen it... ugh...

Happy belated... and hope you had fun in vegas