Wednesday, August 27, 2008

TV Nation

Now that the Olympics is over and soon the Democratic/Republican conventions will be on and off, I am gearing up for some favorite TV shows to return or interesting new ones to air. Here are some of interest to me and when they air. I stared the ones that are must sees for me.
This site, http://www.thefutoncritic.com/guide.aspx?id=fall_2008-
displays all the shows and what days they’ll air.
I feel a DVR usage coming in full gear!


*America’s Next Top Model- Airs September 13- CW Network-look for the first Trangendered person on the show and (s)he is from Maryland…No comments

Gossip Girl- September 1- CW- yeah, I know I’m too old for this but I made the mistake of watching it once when nothing else I liked was on and got hooked!

90210- September 1- CW- actually I don’t really plan to watch more than the first episode just out of curiosity as I used to love the original series. At least this time they added a person of color.

*Lost-January-ABC- the best yet most confusing series ever since the X-Files (whose second movie I’m so sad about)

*House- September 9-Fox- that’s one angry doctor

*Grey’s Anatomy- September 25- ABC- I was really hoping they would have killed off Izzy

*Fringe- September 9-Fox-new series from Lost dudes and it has Pacy from Dawson’s Creek and the black from the Wire/Oz/Lost- Looks cool

*Heroes- September 22-NBC- hope this season is better than the last

*Law and Order: SVU- September 23- always a good bet

*CSI- October 9, CBS- never really got into the show (but love the CSI: Miami spin off- Sept.22) but with Lawrence Fishburne cast as the new lead detective I’m going to check it out

*ER- September 25-NBC- I have been a loyal viewer and with Noah Wyle back and Angela Basset cast I will be glued to this final season

*Supernatural- September 18-CW I love the guys fighting evil on this show, funny

*Sarah Connor Chronicles-September 8-FOX- I was skeptical about a Terminator series but they did a great job with the first season

Damages-TBA-FX a great legal/litigation series with Glen Close as a high powered attorney almost as crazy as her Fatal Attraction character

*Nip/Tuck-TBA-FX- what can I say, who doesn’t love Christian Troy or the insane plots?

*Always Sunny in Philadelphia-September 18-FX- some call it the new younger version of Seinfeld I just call it funny

Prison Break-September 1- FOX- how many times do they have to get out of jail? Let’s see

*Private Practice-October 1-ABC- a spinoff of Grey’s Anatomy with slightly older slightly less annoying characters and Taye Diggs who I like in this series but who I haven’t liked since Best Man

Smallville- September 18-CW- now that they’ve gotten rid of that pesky Lana the real Lois and Clark matchup can occur!

The Cleveland show- TBA- FOX- Well if I loved Family Guy, gotta watch this too!

*Battlestar Gallactica-January – SciFi- their final series, yes I am a scifi geek

Raising the Bar- September 1-TNT-I love a good law drama and with Zack from Save by the Bell I’ll watch

Dirty Sexy Money- October 1-ABC- again a random show I got hooked on about rich people and their secrets. Hey, it has Blair Underwood in it!

Shows on Premium Cable this girl will be sadly missing until the season comes out on DVD:

Crash- October 7- Starz- based on the Oscar winning movie comes a series about race relations

Dexter- September 28- Showtime- the sympathetic serial killer returns

True Blood- September 7- HBO- Gotta love a good vampire series and it’s based on a series of books

Sigh, I watch way too much TV, I might have to let something go…

3 comments:

Erika 2004 said...

America's Next Top Model, did not know that the transgendered person was from Maryland. Hmmmm. Won't comment on that. In previous cycles, they accused models of occasionally looking like drag queens, now they finally got one. I found a picture of her. One of her arms looked strangely long and narrow. At first glance, nothing really screams "I'M REALLY A GUY!" She doesn't look that bad at all. The big questions for me: pre-op or post-op? How will the other girls response? Will this cycle actually be interesting this year? It kind of waned for me last cycle. Not enough drama. Not enough hair cutting, tear jerking makeovers.

Can't get into Gossip Girl. I tried one evening when I was bored. I found it too insipid for my taste. Maybe I am getting old.

90210, I simply refuse, refuse to watch. 'Nuff said.

Lost, still haven't checked that out. I think I may have to just get the DVDs from the library to catch up.

House, yes. The good doctor returns!

Grey's Anatomy, I must be the only one who hasn't watched this show!

Looking forward to checking out Fringe.

Can't wait for The Sarah Connor Chronicles. I was actually surprised that the first season was pretty good.

Prison Break - I honestly don't know why I watch this show. It just seems to drag on. Every season, I promise myself not to do it, don't watch it again. And every week I find myself back again. I supposed that is how they hook ya!

Unknown said...

I have loved the orginal CSI since the beginning and I am a faithful Thursday night fan. I am excited about Laurence joining the cast.

I am a drama/crime show girl.

I await CSI, CSI Miami, NCIS, Cold Case, and Criminal Minds.

Lady Dulayne said...

Damn, you have a lot of shows you like. I can barely find 2 these days.