Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hilary made me late for work

I hadn't planned on it but got sucked into Hilary's speech at the democratic convention and I must say I think she did a wonderful job. I admit that I was a Hilary supporter so I was nervous about Obama winning. However, I had no problems with jumping ship. I still have my concerns about him but feel something new and fresh in the White House beats the same old same old. How else will we make any positive change? Albert Einstein, I believe, said insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Well, voting McCain, in my humble opinion might be insanity. But enough about that back to Hilary.

My concern has always been that if she lost, her supporters would turn their backs on voting Democrat and if we got full support, political analyst believe Obama could win. I think her speech was great in pushing her supporters to now support him but is a speech enough? I can only hope that we see more of her face in his campaign and that the media stops hyping up any tension the two camps may or may not have. We really need a show of unity.


Anywho, I watched her whole speech and loved it and then couldn't get up on time this morning because I stayed up later than usual to catch it. But I think it was worth it...

8 comments:

MP said...

Her speech was spectacular! I have been a little annoyed by Hill/Bill but last night she made me happy in my soul!

Erika 2004 said...

I'm still concerned about hardcore democrats jumping ship. It may not make sense to vote for McCain, but there are still too much "old thinking" in this country. Many are not ready for a black president and have said as much. It is a shame that people still view something as irrelevant as race as the crucial factor to one's ability to effectively run our country.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

u need to read my last two post for real 7 Houses of Czechoslovakia and No John Adams, No LBJ – easy mud slinging for Che...

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGhyIgwaVXA

I know you are a Hilary supporter, but please don't let this be you.

It speaks for itself. Not really sure if she realizes how this looks and the possible ramifications for her party if she and others continue with that mentality.

CC Solomon said...

Yeah I heard about that. I am so not like that woman! People need to realize the alternative to not voting for Obama is McCain! Work it out!

Moe Wanchuk said...

I watched SpongeBob til midnight. Gotta Love Nick-At-Nite!

Eb the Celeb said...

her supporters still are fighting the inevitable... that's the sad part

clnmike said...

Stopped by to see whats going on, nice spot you have here.

I have to wonder about Clintons supporters, if they are threatening to jump ship to the Republicans were they ever serious about the issues in the first place?

Those are dangerous voters in my book.