Tuesday, May 6, 2008

To the Lookouts- Thank you

Sometimes I like to give a special thank you or shout out to those I think deserve it. Today I'm doing a public thank you to my neighbors:

Thank you for staring out your window at me and my roommate every single day.

Never a day goes buy when we don't hear a blind or window go up so you can look out the window and stare at us.

Never a moment when we step outside that you don't stop your conversation to stare at us like a dog does a bone the whole time until we get into our cars or house. We're totally comfortable with that.

Oh, let us not forget the time a friend came to visit us but we were not there. No need for her to call us, one of you called out the window that we were not there and had been gone for about 10 minutes. That was helpful and not unnerving at all! We appreciate your looking out for our time and attendance. If we get a break in though, don't say, you don't snitch!

Thanks to the teenage boys who call out the window and try to flirt with us. No we don’t find that bothersome.

Thanks to the guy who opened my roommate’s car door when she forgot to lock it and put in a stuffed animal. That was sweet and not creepy in the least. But thanks again for not stealing her car!

Thanks to the neighbors who watched my roommate and myself struggle to lug a big ass TV out of our house to the curb for trash collection but never offered to help. I appreciate the gentlemanly manners.

Thank you to the guys who commented on my friend's and my anatomies as we came back from a long walk/exercise down the "wrong" street to get home. It made us feel all fuzzy inside and not annoyed at all!

So again, thank you neighbors, without you, we might actually like the neighborhood!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, it takes a mature adult to step out of their box and give recognition to the "littles" of the world. I commend you.

Clever Elsie said...

Sounds like what your neighbors need is a restraining order! :(