Saturday, November 17, 2007

Rockers Rock

I love this song by Fall Out Boy and the video made me cry (or maybe I'm just too sensitive). Made me wonder about some rock artist- U2, Linkin Park, Sarah McLauchlan, Nickleback, Green Day... Rock artist have a history of making videos to have people pay attention to charitable causes and political issues. Why? Are they simply more creative and since most write their own stuff, they tend to be more aware of what goes on in the world for writing material? And why don't artist of other music genres do this? Well for whatever reasons, I'm glad some artist and celebrities are using their gifts to dig into people's consciousness.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i've actually gone over this in my head with the release of Linkin Park's "Shadow of the Day." i think it's all about angst and rage with such rockers. it's a dream for any person to have a platform for their own ideas and philosophies. U2 is the modern giant of doing this. rockers never really have to grow up. i think they eventually feel that they have to be more responsible with their songs-- developing a social consciousness.