Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Come on Hollywood!

Okay, so as an aspiring writer I can’t help but to have taken note to the Hollywood writer’s strike these past couple of months. I side with the writer’s of course. They deserve to make all the profits that the actors and producers get. After all, without their ideas, there would be no Hollywood, as we are beginning to see. It seems the writers are being treated like garbage men. You turn your nose up at them but if we didn’t have them the place would be full of crap! Now, I hear that four major studios have canceled the contracts of some writers as a concession that this strike will not end before this TV season concludes. Which means once our favorite TV shows get all caught up with already filmed and completed episodes, no more for us. Possibly before the May grand finale month. And who knows what that will do for next season or the movies?

As a self proclaimed TV addict I say give them what they want! You saw how lame the People’s Choice and Golden Globe awards were due to the strike (I mean they had entertainment news reporters host and announce awards).

Or how late night TV was M.I.A. for a while. How do you expect to go on without the damn writers!? You’re going to force me to start watching Turner Classic Movies soon and I don’t want to do that! So, please, work it out people! Do you really want more I Love New York type shows (I really think I’m pretty much done with them)? Get it together!

6 comments:

Not Your Average Male said...

The whole thing is AWFUL! I hope they take care of it quickly.

One thing, though -- I have the utmost of respect for Leno, Kimmel, O'Brien and anybody else who is operating without their writers. The jokes may not always land, but I admire their willingness to have a go at it to ensure that all non-writing staff can still collect their paychecks and feed their families. Or something like that.

Anonymous said...

Yea. I'm really missing my regular programs! But this is a very important movement. Check out celluloid blonde on wordpress. She's pretty insightful.

Lady Dulayne said...

I, of course, side with the writers. I hpoe they give in to their demands and I love how so many actors are standing by them too.

Without the writing, you have not story/plot/premise. Come on, now!

Anonymous said...

I recommend the following:

Use this time to watch reruns of shows you've never watched like George Lopez or Lost (via Internet)

Catch up on movies that weren't worth $8.50 at the theatre but are worth a hole buck at the redbox

If you are really desperate watch Who's the Boss on the Ion station or catch up on bad black shows on Tvone

Not Your Average Male said...

Hahaha... these comments are hilarious.

I called my old college roommate who has a recurring role on "The Game" and he's trying to make his money stretch until he can go back to work.

For the sake of all those who feed their families in this industry -- on-camera or off -- I hope this thing resolves itself sooner than later.

Miz Motormouth said...

I've made peace with the fact that my precious 30 Rock is over for the season. *sniffle*
But now the Grammys may not happen. I love the Grammys! Someone do something. Where the hell is Jimmy Carter? He's good at peace talks. Put that Habitat hammer down and get my tv shows back on!