Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I'm Tagged!

I got tagged by the Girl from Park Heights...The rules of the game are:A). Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog...B). Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself...C). Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs...D). Let each person know that they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Don't know if I have 7 random or wierd facts about me and don't have 7 blogger friends yet so I guess I can do less.

1) I hate most white foods (and no I'm not racist)- mashed potatoes, milk (unless with cereal and then only a small amount), white bread, mayonaise, vanilla ice cream (unless mixed with chocolate candy or cookies)- yuck
2) I've been writing since I was 11 years old and my sixth grade teacher thought I had real talent. I even pinned a play that some kids in my class put on.
3) I love the movie alien now but was terrified of it up until a few years back but being a horror fan i so wanted to see it. So i took baby steps, i first watched it bit by bit (the unscary parts), then watched the whole thing on mute (sound effects were too much for my heart) and then i could watch it fully normally and now its nothing.
4) I love Anime (otherwise known as Japanese animation). I may just be one of probably 5 black women in the country who actually watch it. But I've been hooked ever since I was little from Speed racer reruns, salior moon and Inuyasha. I've seen too many to count. I don't like the kid stuff though like Pokemon.
5) I hate chick flicks (never seen Titanic). I think they give us false hopes. Romance isn't like that and we want it to be so when its not our hopes are let down. And then whose in the wrong- the realistic guy or the dreaming girl (good blog topic).
6) I mostly deceided not to go into Criminal Law because of the movies Cape Fear and Primal Fear- who says movies don't effect real life? All I'm saying is Robert Deniro and Edward Norton scared the hell (and love of law) out of me. Suddenly civil rights law seemed the way to go. But excellent movies
7) I'm about the same weight now that I was when I was 13. Either I was fat then or I'm thin now. I prefer the latter and then there is the fact that I haven't grown in height since 6th grade either.

2 comments:

Lady Dulayne said...

omg- I love white foods, especially anything with white sugar, much to my detriment.

I've been writing since age 6, so I gotcha beat.

I'm also not a fan of chick flicks. I hate anything sappy. But girl, I LOVED Titanic. You should make an expection for that.

And I'm physically pretty much the same as when I was 13. Just with much bigger boobs.

Erika 2004 said...

I am also in that small population of black women that enjoy anime. Where are the other 3?